The 22nd Annual Spring Banquet was another successful round of live auction winners, newly gained silent auction prized possessions, a wonderful presentation by Kyle Bagnall of his trials and tribulations solo canoeing his way down the Chippewa River, and the big surprise of the evening (to her), our Bob Ball Award winner: Louise Hammer.
Louise does a fantastic job of organizing the office, training the new executive director, and making sure that it all comes together. If I can’t find it, don’t know it, or wouldn’t know it if she didn’t tell me, it would be a long day at the office. In fact, Louise did a great job of keeping the Banquet Committee organized. In no small part is Louise responsible for the fun that everyone had at this year’s event.
Thank you to everyone who did a great job organizing, contributing and creating an entertaining event!
- Sue Ann Kopmeyer, Banquet Committee Chair
- Kathy Johns, Silent Auction and Live-auctioned Trip
- Ann Brockman, Silent Auction and Live Auction
- Marilyn Fosburg, Silent Auction and Live Auction
- Carey Pauquette, Live Auction
- Jaime Griffiths, Donated tickets
- Tim Odykirk, Gift Certificates/Silent Auction
- John Mitchell, our Master of Ceremonies and President
Thank you to Kyle Bagnall, our speaker from the Chippewa Nature Center. From this event forward, we all live vicariously through you.
Thank you to our incredibly entertaining auctioneer, Norm Yoder, who made the Live Auction a spotlight event. If you were singled out by Norm during the auction, you know exactly what I mean.
And a huge thank-you to our Banquet Sponsors and Donors:
- Ann Brockman
- Larry Collins
- Marilyn & Gordon Fosburg
- John & Carol Grossa
- Adonna Kennedy
- Michael Libbee & Kristin Sheridan
- Anne Messinger
- Daniel & Sharon Milan
- John & Jean Mitchell
- Scott & Sharon Parks
- Larry & Judy Schaftenaar
- Muriel Straight
- Diane Tope
Finally, thank you so much to our Business Sponsors, who remind us how much belonging to a community really means:
- Avalon and Tahoe Manufacturing
- Bandit Industries
- Fisher Companies
- Krapohl Ford and Lincoln
- Mount Pleasant Abstract and Title
- Mount Pleasant Agency, Inc.
- Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe
Thank you to everyone who attended. We hope your time spent with us was wonderful, that your plates were full, and that you went home wishing you could come back again the next night!